This website is run by Education Scotland. We want as many people as possible to be able to use it. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen (this is a responsive design feature);
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard;
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software;
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
There is no option to change fonts/colour contrast but the site has been designed to make sure this is not an issue for accessibility.
How accessible this website is
We have made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text;
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Education Scotland is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below:
- Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content);
- We plan to add text alternatives for all images by September 2020. When we publish new content we will make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
The accessibility of our websites was tested by a third party, UserVision, in March 2019.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
We are constantly working to ensure that all parts of this website are fully accessible. If there are parts of the site that you cannot access or if you think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us:
- +44 (0)131 244 4330
We will consider your request and get back to you.
This statement was prepared on 13 January 2020. It was last updated on 13 January 2020.
To assist navigation, please see our site map.