Developing the Young Workforce (DYW)
Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) builds on the foundations already in place through Curriculum for Excellence and is relevant in the Broad General Education (BGE) from early years, through the senior phase and beyond. It contributes to the development of the four capacities, makes full use of the four contexts of the curriculum, and addresses each of the entitlements. One example is the entitlement for all children and young people to experience opportunities to develop skills for learning, skills for life and skills for work.
DYW strengthens the need for collaboration and partnership in the design and planning of the curriculum in localities and regions. Partners include Skills Development Scotland, local and school based staff, regional DYW employer groups, colleges and universities, and community learning and development (CLD).
- PDF file: Career Education Standard (3-18) (840 KB)
- PDF file: Career Education Standard (3-18) (Gaelic version) (1.2 MB)
- PDF file: Work Placements Standard (671 KB)
- PDF file: Work Placements Standard (Gaelic) (1.4 MB)
- PDF file: School/Employer Partnerships (522 KB)
DYW implementation headlines for the remaining duration of the programme:
- PDF file: Implementation Plan 2018-19 (25 KB)
- PDF file: Implementation Plan 2019-20 (25 KB)
- PDF file: Implementation Plan 2020-21 (42 KB)
DYW Professional Learning Community on Glow - and Learning Blog (Glow login required)