International engagement strategy of Education Scotland
There are a range of opportunities available to support learners and practitioners prepare Scottish education for a global future. Education Scotland works in partnership with the Scottish Government , global partners and the British Council to promote international learning and support exchanges for all ages. International engagement is at the heart of Education Scotland’s strategy and aligned to Government Policy.
To explore all of the opportunities available to you and your learners visit the National Improvement Hub.
Visit our 'International links page' if you are an international centre or agency interested in finding out about educational practice and policy in Scotland or looking for a speaker for an international event.
Download Education Scotland's international engagement strategy.
Our international strategy has been developed and revised to align with:
- Delivering Equity and Excellence (2016)
- The Scottish Government Economic Strategy (2015)
- The Scottish Government Budget 2017/18
- The Programme for Government (2015-2016)
- Scotland’s International Framework (2015)
- Global targets such as the Sustainable Development Goals (2015)
- National Improvement Framework for Education (2016)
- Language Learning in Scotland: A 1+2 Approach (2012).