How to use this Learning and assessment resource to improve practice?
This resource provides a straightforward way to check on whether the planned L3 will provide a meaningful language learning experience. Also, there are questions to help practitioners judge whether their L3 planning takes account of the parameters surrounding the learning of a second additional language. These questions include:
- Does the L3 allow learners to build on prior learning?
- Are the aims of the L3 achievable within the timescale?
- Does the L3 allow for sustainability?
- Is it realistic in terms of resources and support required?
- Is there an opportunity for continuation with the L3 in the senior phase?
Word file: L3 Audit Tools for Primary (199 KB)
Word file: L3 Audit Tools for Secondary (199 KB)