How to use this the Learning and assessment resource to improve practice
This resource develops and builds upon prior learning about religious and non-religious, beliefs, values and practices and traditions. While using this resource, the following reflective questions may be helpful:
- What does the ‘landscape’ of religion and beliefs in modern Scotland look like?
- How is religion and belief expressed in your local and school community and how well do learners understand this?
- What challenges are presented by religion and belief?
- How can we approach religion and belief sensitively, while also questioning and reflecting upon its place in modern Scotland?
- What stereotypes exist about religion and belief and how best can these stereotypes be addressed?
- What part does religion and belief play in the lives of learners and how can practitioners support learners in this?
- How do individuals make sense of life and establish meaning in it? What contributions might religion and belief make to this lifelong process?
PDF file: Beliefs and Values: Interfaith Issues (204 KB)