How to use this Learning and assessment resource to improve practice
This resource can be used by practitioners to stimulate debate and discussion around religion, beliefs and values. While using this resource, the following reflective questions may be helpful:
- How far does your approach to Christmas allow for progression and depth in learning?
- How far does your approach to Christmas draw upon learning contexts from other curricular areas?
- How far does your approach to Christmas explore a range of beliefs?
- How does learning about Christmas support learners in challenging and developing their own emerging beliefs and values, and in learning about and from the beliefs and values of others?
PDF file: RME progression grid - Topic theme - Christmas (159 KB)
PDF file: Approaches to Christmas - Learning Journey - Early-First Level (174 KB)
PDF file: Approaches to Christmas - Learning Journey - Second-Third Level (134 KB)
PDF file: Approaches to Christmas - Learning Journey - Third-Fourth Level (141 KB)
PDF file: Approaches to Christmas - Learning Journey - Additional Support Needs (170 KB)
Explore this resource
- Progression Grid: This provides a range of approaches to learning about Christmas and suggests lines of development from early to fourth level learning linked to the Significant Aspects of Learning in RME.
- Learning journeys- early to fourth: These learning journeys provide a range of learning suggestions from early to fourth level CfE. Using learning contexts such as Christmas carols, stories, cards and tees in early level: the nativity story and linked beliefs in second to fourth level. The resources also allow for the development of key skills and literacy as a responsibility of all.
- Learning Journey, Additional Support Needs: This learning journey provides support for learning for learners with Additional Support Needs. This learning journey focuses upon an imaginative exploration of the nativity story.