Explore this resource
How to use this learning and assessment resource to improve practice
The literacy aspect of responsibility of all can be delivered in a variety of ways using digital technologies, such as digital applications, services and resources.
These technologies can be used to find, analyse, create, communicate, and use information in a digital context to support literacy across learning, in particular:
- Tools for reading;
- Tools for writing;
- Tools for listening and talking;
- Finding and using information;
- Understanding, analysing and evaluating;
- Enjoyment and choice;
- Creating texts;
- Organising and using information.
The following questions may provide a stimulus for discussion:
- What digital collaboration tools are the pupils in your class currently using outside school? Are they aware of online safety when using social media?
- What can you do to ensure that digital technologies are used effectively to enhance literacy across the curriculum?
- Consider the role that digital technologies can have for effective collaboration in literacy. How can you, as a teacher, facilitate this?