How to use this the Learning and assessment resource to improve practice?
As a result of engaging with this learning resource you will:
- Gain a better understanding of the scope and quality of learners experiences of the world of work;
- Have a better understanding of the part you are expected to play, along with partners, in the implementation of the Work Placements Standard (WPS);
- Develop, through self-evaluation, your understanding of the WPS expectations in relation to your current practice;
- Identify areas of the WPS expectations for your professional learning.
The resource aims to generate discussion around a number of reflective questions including:
- How do you work with employers to help develop appropriate project-based learning for young people?
- How do your plans address Equalities issues?
- How do you effectively align the young person’s studies, career aspirations, abilities and capabilities with any work placement?
- How do you maximise the learning potential from placements to gain maximum benefits for the whole school community including CLPL opportunities?
PDF file: Work placements standard - English version (650 KB)
PDF file: Work placements standard - Gaelic version (1.4 MB)
PDF file: Benchmarking exercise (500 KB)
Word file: Benchmarking actions (56 KB)