How to use this the learning and assessment resource to improve practice
The recordings are accompanied by transcripts in French so learners can check their understanding.
The recordings can be used as listening comprehension practice; teachers can create questions tailored to a particular focus, or allow learners to simply note as much as possible, piecing together the gist of the recording.
Transcripts can be used to check accuracy and as a separate teaching resource – as a cloze exercise, reading comprehension practice , or as a springboard to extended writing.
Explore this learning and assessment resource
1. Eating out, shopping, discussing music.
2. School, subjects - likes and dislikes and best friends.
3. Descriptions, including appearance, clothes, and favourite leisure activities.
4. Home area and the activities you can do there.
5. Favourite weekend activities.
6. A survey into how young people like to pass their time.
7. Daily routines, including school, hobbies and interests.
8. Leaving phone messages to book hotel rooms.
9. Descriptions of what three young people do for a living, and what their jobs involve.
10. A description of the Saint Michel campsite, its facilities and what activities you can do there.