How to use this Learning and assessment resource to improve practice?
Aims of professional learning:
- To raise practitioner awareness and understanding of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC).
- To link rights-based practice to the Scottish legislation and policy context
- To enable the support of rights-based practice across CLD and other organisations.
- To ensure we fully take the UNCRC into account in all our actions.
We recommend that people participate in a Train the Trainer session before delivering the full three hour professional learning but the introductory session and further resources can be used flexibly to support local discussions and staff teams.
- What do I know about UNCRC?
- What role can youth work/CLD play in supporting young people to understand and use their rights?
- Can I recognise when children's rights are being infringed?
- How does my youth work/CLD practice recognise the rights of young people?
- What difference has/will? this training made to my practice?
- What difference will this training make to how my organisation plans and delivers youth work/CLD opportunities?
- How will I share this training with my colleagues?
Download(s) and further reading
PDF file: Participation booklet (2 MB) - This booklet provides further reading on the UNCRC articles.
PDF file: Activity cards (534 KB) - Article cards to support activities.
PDF file: Activity worksheets (239 KB) - Worksheets to support activities.
PDF: UNCRC_summary-1_1.pdf (unicef.org.uk) Summary of UNCRC
Childrens Rights - Practitioners Resource List (PDF) - Further resources