What is the National Improvement Hub?
The Hub provides information and support that enables practitioners to improve their practice and increase the quality of learners’ experiences and outcomes. It provides access to: self-evaluation and improvement frameworks, research, teaching and assessment resources, exemplars of practice and support for on-line collaboration and networks through Glow.
Our ambition is to ensure that the Hub is developed in collaboration with practitioners across all sectors of Scottish Education.
You may be invited to give your feedback in the following ways:
- Complete a questionnaire about your experience of using the Hub
- Participate in occasional workshops, virtually or at various locations across Scotland
- Email us at:
The development of the Hub is informed by a number of key principles.
1. The Hub will be designed around the needs of practitioners
2. The Hub will deliver core information/services to support improvement
3. The Hub will be developed collaboratively with practitioners
4. The Hub and its content will be simple to use and understand
5. The language and design of the Hub will be consistent
6. The Hub will make things open. We should share what we’re doing whenever we can. The more eyes there are on a service the better it gets - better alternatives are pointed out, the bar is raised.