How to use this self-evaluation approach to improve practice
This resource could be publicised to staff, parents and learners for support. It can also be used to highlight ‘religion and belief’ as a protected characteristic. Reflective questions might include:
- Are teaching and support staff aware of this resource?
- Are learners aware of this resource: through PSHE, posters, assemblies etc?
- Are there aspects of this content which could be included in PSHE?
- In what ways can our learning community improve the ways that we celebrate the diversity of religions and cultures?
Explore this approach
The aim of this resource is to help young people to take back control of their lives. The following areas are included:
- Advice for young people who have been affected by bullying in relation to religion;
- Self-help tips;
- Being treated differently;
- Fitting in and feeling like yourself;
- Celebrating difference;
- Worries about the world;
- Video on racism;
- Links for further support;
- Discrimination and equal opportunities;
- Your rights.
There is also a questionnaire which learners can fill in. They then receive tailored advice depending on their answers.