Explore this exemplar
Can't view this video? You can also
view this clip on Glow (log-in required).
What was done?
Staff and learners at Pentland School discussed the use of digital technologies to support and enhance improvements in learning.
The headteacher and staff understood the importance of enhancing learning and teaching through the use of digital resources. They wanted to give learners the opportunity to use new and exciting technologies.
What was the impact?
The use of digital technologies is enhancing the opportunities for children and young people to learn.
How to use this exemplar to improve practice
This video, along with the reflective questions, invites you to consider the impact of your approach using digital technologies to support learners with additions support needs. Watch the video and consider, individually or as a team, the following improvement questions:
- When considering the use of digital technology, do you focus first on the technology or do you consider what your needs are and how the technology will support and enhance?
- What technologies are available to support learners with additional support needs?
- How do you use digital technology to ensure that learners with additional needs are supported to improve their communication and their skills development?
- How do you enhance your own knowledge of digital software/apps etc. to support learners to improve their skills?
- What public domain or open-source (free) resources are available to support improvement for learners with additional needs?