Explore this exemplar
How to use this exemplar to improve practice
This tool is designed to support schools to up-skill staff in restorative approaches. It helps answer questions such as:
- How can I improve relationships in my class or school?
- How can I support children to learn how to resolve conflict with respectful dialogue?
What was done?
The first video looks at staff intervention after a pupil has been sent out of class for aggressive behaviour.
The second video shows a member of staff working to mediate in an on-going aggressor/victim situation.
What was the impact?
The first video demonstrates the positive impact restorative approaches can have in the classroom environment.
The second video demonstrates how restorative approaches:
- can have a positive impact on learning;
- can help to resolve disputes between pupils;
- can get pupils talking so they can resolve their own arguments.
Links to resource
Teachers' TV: Restorative approaches video example 1
Teachers' TV: Restorative approaches video example 2