How to use this resource to improve practice
Teachers and senior leaders in secondary schools should read the introductory document, referring to Building the Curriculum 3, and the three case studies.
Once you have read the cases studies, here are some challenge questions to consider.
- To what extent do these case studies match the original aspirations of Building the Curriculum 3?
- What are the benefits and risks of two-year courses leading to qualifications?
- How well have the schools mitigated any risks?
- What are the views of our staff on the provision described in the three case studies?
- How ready might our school be to consider moving to two-year courses leading to qualifications?