Lots of children having been drawing rainbows to put in their windows, to say ‘thank you’ to all the workers in the NHS. Have you made one yet?
Things to do together
- When you are out for a walk in your community, count the different places you can spot rainbows. You might see them in house windows, in shop windows or on posters.
- Talk about which rainbows you like best and why.
- Do you know all the colours in the rainbow? Can you say them in the right order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet)?
- Choose one or two colours of the rainbow, and go on a treasure hunt in your house or garden. How many things of the same colour can you find?
- Can you spot any rainbow-patterned items in your house?
- Draw a picture of a doctor, a nurse or someone else who cares for us in our community, to say ‘thank you’ to them for looking after us. Remember to draw a rainbow in your picture.