Explore this resource
This resource has been developed using the General Teaching Council for Scotland’s CLPL focus areas to support professional learning for dyslexia and inclusive practice highlighted below:
- Pedagogy, learning and subject knowledge;
- Curriculum and assessment;
- Enquiry and research;
- Educational contexts and current debates in policy, education and practice;
- Sustaining and developing professional learning;
- Learning for sustainability.
It is the core text to support the online training modules for dyslexia and inclusive practice within the Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit. It also supports Education Scotland's four areas of CLPL:
- Reflection on Practice;
- Experiential Learning;
- Collaborative Learning;
- Cognitive Development.
Route map aims
- To support practitioners to develop a deeper learning and understanding of dyslexia and Inclusive practice.
- To inform practitioners about ways in which they might engage in meaningful CLPL for improving practice in supporting and improving outcomes for children and young people.
- To encourage practitioners to be familiar with, and make appropriate use of, the Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit.
- To support teachers in achieving Professional Recognition for areas of enhanced accomplishment in their professional practice.
- How do I know my practice is inclusive and our school is an inclusive community and meets the required legislative and professional standards?
- How effectively do we support and secure improved achievement and attainment for children and young people with dyslexia and with literacy difficulties?
- For those with dyslexia, how well is their health and well-being and in particular mental, social and emotional wellbeing addressed in my classroom or school?
- How positive is the identification process for dyslexia for children and young people? Does the process enable them to understand their strengths and difficulties in a supportive approach and provide opportunities for their views to be sought?
- How successfully are children and young people, teachers and parents/carers provided with appropriate information to support their understanding of effective strategies and support?
PDF file: Route Map through Career Long Professional Learning (CLPL) for Dyslexia and Inclusive Practice (2 MB)