What is this?
In March 2013 Scottish Ministers accepted all thirty-one recommendations of the Learning for Sustainability (LfS) report.
The strategic recommendations from the report were as follows:
- All learners should have an entitlement to learning for sustainability.
- In line with the new GTCS Professional Standards, every practitioner, school and education leader should demonstrate learning for sustainability in their practice.
- Every school should have a whole school approach to learning for sustainability that is robust, demonstrable. evaluated and supported by leadership at all levels.
- All school buildings, grounds and policies should support learning for sustainability.
- A strategic national approach to supporting learning for sustainability should be established.
The LfS National Implementation Group was established in February 2014 to deliver on these recommendations. The publication of the Vision 2030+ report in March 2016 marks the end of the tenure of the National Implementation Group. This report to ministers documents the progress that has been made and sets out a vision for LfS through to 2030 and beyond.