Explore this approach
How to use this self-evaluation approach to improve practice
This guidance should inform the development of the curriculum and the review of policies in relation to promoting equality and diversity and eliminating discrimination.
This information can support an audit of current practice and identify areas for improvement. It relates to the Quality indicator 3.1 of HIGIOS? 4.
Challenge questions for schools might include:
- How well do we ensure that all staff undertake regular professional learning around legislation, statutory requirements and codes of practice?
- How well does our school ensure that the curriculum is designed to develop and promote equality and diversity, eliminate discrimination?
The guidance includes details on:
- Who is protected;
- What is discrimination/harassment/victimisation;
- What else is unlawful under the Equality Act (2010);
- Positive Action;
- Providing education and access to any benefit, service or facility;
- Exclusion from school;
- Dispute resolution and enforcement.
Link to resource
What equality law means for you as an education provider – Schools