How to use this self-evaluation resource to improve practice?
The PowerPoint presentations identify key messages from the Advice on Gaelic Education. They should be used by practitioners to support improvement in Gaelic Education.
Here are some reflective questions to support professional dialogue and help focus on self-evaluation in Gaelic:
- To what extent are staff critically engaging with the Advice on Gaelic Education to improve their outcomes for children and young people?
- How do we ensure that improving provision for Gaelic is central to self-evaluation activity?
- How well have we identified the strengths and areas for improvement of our provision for Gaelic Education?
- How effective is evidence from self-evaluation driving forward continuous improvement for Gaelic?
- On critically engaging with the report Quality and Improvement in Scottish Education, what areas for improvement does it identify for your establishment?
- An additional commentary on Quality and Improvement in Gaelic Medium Education (Glow login required) highlighted additional advice on improving self-evaluation, attainment and the leadership of the curriculum. What targets for improvement should you identify from this commentary to ensure excellence and equity for children and young people in the Gaelic sector?
- The commentary gives advice on 3-18 education. How well do you work collaboratively with colleagues in 3-18 provisions and with partners to ensure well-planned and progressive programmes of learning from stage to stage?
PDF file: Advice on Gaelic Education (February 2015) (716 KB)
You can also access the Advice on Gaelic Education publication in sections.
PDF file: 1. Introduction (137 KB)
PDF file: 2. Legislation (135 KB)
PDF file: 3. Policy (183 KB)
PDF file: 4. Gaelic Medium Education (207 KB)
PDF file: 5. Engagement with parents (138 KB)
PDF file: 6. Career-long professional learning (CLPL) (153 KB)
PDF file: 7. Total immersion (208 KB)
PDF file: 8. The immersion phase (immersion in the Broad General Education from end of P3/beginning of P4 onwards) (139 KB)
PDF file: 9. Secondary stages (230 KB)
PDF file: 10. Improving fluency with a planned programme for language, grammar and vocabulary (190 KB)
PDF file: 11. Transitions (80 KB)
PDF file: 12. A 1+2 Approach to Language Learning (138 KB)
PDF file: 13. Ethos for Gaelic (191 KB)
PDF file: 14. Learners with additional needs (142 KB)
PDF file: 15. Gaelic Learner Education (141 KB)
PDF file: 16. Gaelic Learner Education: Curriculum 3-18 and Language Learning in Scotland: A 1 + 2 Approach (211 KB)
PDF file: 17. Learning about Gaelic language and culture (142 KB)
PDF file: Advice on Gaelic Education (February 2015) - Gaelic version (677 KB)
You can also access the Gaelic version of the Advice on Gaelic Education publication in sections.
PDF file: 1. Ro-ràdh (175 KB)
PDF file: 2. Reachdas (185 KB)
PDF file: 3. Poileasaidh (182 KB)
PDF file: 4. Foghlam tro Mheadhan na Gàidhlig (254 KB)
PDF file: 5. Ag obair còmhla ri pàrantan (137 KB)
PDF file: 6. Ionnsachadh proifeiseanta fad dhreuchd (CLPL) (240 KB)
PDF file: 7. làn-bhogadh (257 KB)
PDF file: 8. An ìre-bogaidh (bogadh san Fhoghlam Fharsaing Choitcheann bho deireadh P3/toiseach P4 suas) (189 KB)
PDF file: 9. ìrean àrd-sgoile (238 KB)
PDF file: 10. a’ leasachadh fileantachd le prògram air a dhealbh airson cànan, gràmar agus briathrachas (189 KB)
PDF file: 11. a’ gluasad air adhart (182 KB)
PDF file: 12. Modh-obrach 1+2 a thaobh Ionnsachadh Cànain (136 KB)
PDF file: 13. feallsanachd airson Gàidhlig (190 KB)
PDF file: 14. luchd-ionnsachaidh le feumalachdan a-bharrachd (190 KB)
PDF file: 15. Foghlam Luchd-ionnsachaidh na Gàidhlig (138 KB)
PDF file: 16. Curraicealam 3-18 (a’ gabhail a-steach Modh-obrach 1+2) (262 KB)
PDF file: 17. Ag ionnsachadh mu chànan is mu chultar na Gàidhlig (180 KB)
PowerPoint file: Advice on Gaelic Education - Key Messages (English) (2 MB)
PowerPoint file: Advice on Gaelic Education - Key Messages (Gaelic) (2 MB)