In March 2013 Scottish Ministers accepted all thirty-one recommendations of the Learning for Sustainability (LfS) report.
The LfS National Implementation Group was established in February 2014 to deliver on these recommendations. The publication of the Vision 2030+ report in March 2016 marked the end of the tenure of the National Implementation Group. This report to ministers documented the progress that has been made and set out a vision for LfS through to 2030 and beyond.
In June 2019, the Deputy First Minister, John Swinney MSP, launched the Learning for Sustainability Action Plan which sets out specific actions that Scottish Government and other key partners will take to address the strategic recommendations of the Vision 2030+ Report.
Explore this resource
The strategic recommendations from the report were as follows:
- All learners should have an entitlement to learning for sustainability.
- In line with the new GTCS Professional Standards, every practitioner, school and education leader should demonstrate learning for sustainability in their practice.
- Every school should have a whole school approach to learning for sustainability that is robust, demonstrable. evaluated and supported by leadership at all levels.
- All school buildings, grounds and policies should support learning for sustainability.
- A strategic national approach to supporting learning for sustainability should be established.
- How do you ensure all learners have their entitlement to learning for sustainability?
- How do you demonstrate learning for sustainability in your practice?
- Is your whole school and community approach to learning for sustainability robust, demonstrable, evaluated and supported by leadership at all levels?
- How do your school buildings, grounds and policies support learning for sustainability?
PDF file: Learning for Sustainability Report (1.0 MB)
PDF file: Learning for Sustainability Action Plan (130 KB)
PDF file: Vision 2030+ Concluding report of the Learning for Sustainability National Implementation Group (8.9 MB)