Sketchnote – Netherthird ECC – Motivating learning experiences and contexts – March 2020
Sketchnotes provide a visual description of practice and approaches identified by HM Inspectors during scrutiny activities as worth sharing more widely. At Netherthird ECC, there is a range of opportunities for children to take part in interesting and motivating learning activities, using meaningful contexts and good use of outdoor spaces.
Explore this resource
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:
- What approaches do we take to actively seek out, promote and respond positively to potential partnerships that will lead to better outcomes for children?
- What evidence do we have of the added value that partnership working brings, and what difference it makes to our children?
- How well do our indoor and outdoor spaces support children’s creativity, curiosity and enquiry?
- How well do we use natural materials and open-ended resources to support sensory play, exploratory play and creativity?
- What do we do to encourage a child’s sense of belonging and increase their knowledge within their wider community?