Sketchnote - Our Lady of the Missions - tracking of attainment and achievement - June 2019
Sketchnotes provide a visual description of the practice and approaches which have been identified as practice which HM Inspectors have observed during scrutiny activities and is worth sharing more widely.
This sketchnote provides a visual description of highly effective practice and appro aches identified in the inspection of Our Lady of the Missions Primary School in East Renfrewshire Council.
Explore this resource
Children at Our Lady of the Missions Primary School are making excellent progress in their learning as a result of the highly effective tracking of attainment and achievement and a shared understanding of standards.
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:-
- In what ways are our approaches to raising attainment improving outcomes for children and young people?
- How well do we use evidence from tracking meetings, professional dialogue and assessments to measure progress over time and in particular at points of transition?
- In what ways do we apply the principles of planning, observation, assessment, recording and reporting as an integral feature of learning and teaching?
- How effectively do we track and recognise achievements?
- How well do we create collaborative conditions for staff to learn with and from others through critical enquiry?