Sketchnote – St Francis Xavier’s Primary School – Professional learning improving learning and teaching - May 2019
Sketchnotes provide a visual description of the practice and approaches which have been identified by HM Inspectors during scrutiny activities and is worth sharing more widely. This sketchnote provides a visual description of highly effective practice and approaches identified in the inspection of St Francis Xavier’s Primary School in Falkirk Council.
Explore this resource
St Francis Xavier’s Primary School has high quality learning and teaching. Their strong approach to professional learning has enabled them to achieve positive outcomes for their learners across the school.
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:
- To what extent do we critically engage with research, national guidance and developments in learning, teaching and assessment?
- How well do we create conditions for staff to learn collaboratively with and from others through critical enquiry?
- Are we maximising all opportunities available to support peer collaborative learning?
- How effectively do we share our individual and collective learning across the school?
- In what ways do we monitor and evaluate the impact and sustainability of our professional learning on improving learning and teaching?