Welcome to Education Scotland
Education Scotland is the national body for supporting quality and improvement of learning and teaching in Scottish education.
Learning in Scotland
Find out more about how we support different sectors, programmes and strategies.
Curriculum for Excellence
Education Scotland works in collaboration with stakeholders, learners, practitioners and communities to help children and learners acquire the four capacities of Curriculum for Excellence.
Inspection and Review
Education Scotland supports the system to gather, analyse, evaluate and share an agreed set of data, including independent external evaluation.
Early Learning and Childcare (ELC)
Find out about the full range of early childhood education for children under school age in Scotland
We support education professionals to make a difference in the classroom, school and wider community through access to a wide range of professional learning and leadership opportunities.
Scottish Attainment Challenge
The Scottish Attainment Challenge aims to raise the attainment of children and young people living in deprived areas, in order to close the equity gap.
- Welcome to the Education Scotland Associates 03 October 2023
- Interim Chief Executive Gillian Hamilton wins in two categories at the Scottish Women’s Awards 22 September 2023
- Education Scotland spotlight on curriculum innovation 21 September 2023
- Education Scotland publishes third National Summary Report for the Scottish Attainment Challenge 2022 – 2023 15 September 2023
- STEM Nation Award Drop-in Session 05/10/23 05 October 2023
- How CLD approaches challenge poverty 05 October 2023
- Contextualised curriculum design 'Maritime Futures' 05 October 2023
- STEM Nation Award Drop-in Session 05/10/23 (2) 05 October 2023