How to use this learning and assessment resource to improve practice
The CALL Scotland website provides a wide range of information and advice about how to support learners with additional support needs using inclusive digital technologies for either communication or to access the curriculum.
Symbols for All which provides printable PDFs of symbolised curricular resources for inclusive learning and teaching. These are designed to support the introduction of picture symbols in everyday school activities and a core 'starter' set is provided, free of charge.
Equipment Bank Loans of equipment are made to allow for extended assessment at home, school or work, and to enable people to evaluate a device or system.
Webinars A fortnightly programme of free practical and relevant 20 minute webinars on inclusive digital technologies.
It is worth checking if your local authority has a service level agreement with CALL Scotland which may allow you to access reduced day rates for specialist services such as:
- Professional Learning and In-Service days delivered in your location. These will provide the skills, knowledge, rationale and understanding of how technologies can be used to support a wide range of pupils with Additional Support Needs and disabilities.
- Specialist assessment and support of pupils with complex additional support needs who require technology to access the curriculum and/or Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
- Do you know how technologies can support learners with Additional Support needs?
- Are you confident in your own abilities using technology to help raise attainment?
- Do you embed technology in your classroom to ensure you provide a fully inclusive learning environment?
- Do your computers/ devices in school meet the Scottish Government guidance on computer accessibility which is required for some pupils to access learning effectively and independently?