How to use this learning and assessment resource to improve practice?
These downloadable resources are designed to allow practitioners to plan for progression through the levels of broad general education, to inform next steps, challenge, breadth and application in a Scottish food context
The Food Mind Map poster can be used to stimulate discussion with staff or pupils.
Exploring Food and Drink through Curriculum for Excellence looks at ideas for food as a context for interdisciplinary learning, and how Curriculum for Excellence supports learning about food and health.
The other poster resources expand on three of the veins from the mind map, giving depth of examples for progression within particular aspects of food and health.
- What are your areas of strength in food and health?
- How do you know?
- Where do you need support or further information?
- How do you ensure pupils track progression through the levels of food and health?
- What resources do you currently access to support practical food education?
- How can you ensure challenge and progression within food and health?