How to use this Learning and assessment resource to improve practice?
This resource provides information, tools and case studies to support practitioners involved in the planning, implementing and evaluating the provision of work-based learning experiences with a particular focus on work placements. It also offers advice and guidance on issues such as tracking progress, assessing risks and maximising accreditation.
The resource aims to generate discussion around a number of reflective questions including:
- How do we work with employers to help develop appropriate work-based learning opportunities for young people?
- How do we effectively align the young person’s studies, career aspirations, abilities and capabilities with any work placement?
- How do we maximise the learning potential from placements to gain maximum benefits for the whole school community including CLPL opportunities?
- How do our plans address Equalities issues and help close the attainment gap?
As a result of engaging with this learning resource you will:
- gain a better understanding of the scope and quality of learners experiences of the world of work as outlined in the context of career education in Dumfries and Galloway
- Have a better understanding of the part you are expected to play, along with partners, in the implementation of the Work Placements Standard (WPS)
- Developed your understanding of the expectations set out in the new Work Placements Standard (WPS) in relation to your current practice
- Be able to consider how to take forward manageable changes to your practice.