How to use this exemplar to improve practice
This exemplar aims to inspire reflective thinking by practitioners engaged in curriculum development.
You are invited to use this exemplar to reflect on the following questions:
- In what ways does the curriculum provision and timetabling in your establishment incorporate career education for all learners?
- To what extend are partners involved in delivering meaningful, work related experiences for learners, the delivery of skills and qualifications as well as prospective career opportunities?
Explore this exemplar
The school organised activities that allowed children and young people across all stages to enhance their skills for learning , life and work. These included:
- a school uniform recycling scheme
- the design of the school’s own tartan and the production of a tartan school uniform (young enterprise activity)
- a ‘Buds’ project that sold home-grown produce to the community
- a stationary tuck shop
- work placements in the school canteen
- an ‘egg production’ from their school hens including an advertising campaign developed in conjunction with Radio Clyde/Bauer Media, and many more initiatives.
The following initiatives were showcased on Scotland’s Enterprising Schools website: