Explore this resource
Questions for discussion
Cairns Primary School has demonstrated continuous improvement in learning and teaching. Effective leadership of learning has led to a motivational whole-school ethos for learning, with a high level of professional learning for staff, and empowered staff which ensures that outcomes are improving for all children.
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:-
- How effectively do we create a culture for learning in our setting?
- To what extent do our approaches to self-evaluation lead to improvements in learning and teaching?
- To what extent are we using an appropriate range of approaches which enable us to learn with and from each other?
- How do we know that our professional learning is improving outcomes for learners?
- To what extent do we support children and young people to take responsibility for their own learning?