Sketchnotes provide a visual description of the practice and approaches which HM Inspectors have observed during scrutiny activities and are worth sharing more widely. This sketchnote provides a visual description of the excellent progress made in Renfrewshire Council in improving learning, raising attainment and closing the poverty-related attainment gap, published in February 2019.
Explore this resource
Excellent progress with improving learning, raising attainment and narrowing the poverty-related attainment gap
What is making a difference in Renfrewshire Council?
"In Renfrewshire our children should have no poverty of aspiration, ambition or opportunity."
1. Very strong self-evaluation
- high-quality data
- successful interventions
- securing improvement
2. Highly effective leadership
A shared vision and an ethos of empowerment of staff, to improve outcomes for children and young people, their families and communities.
- quality assurance
- service delivery
3. Professional learning
- high-quality learning and teaching including special training for classroom assistants
- family and community learning programmes
- promoting alternative thinking strategies
4. Consistent improvements
- governance of Scottish Attainment Challenge
- closing the poverty related attainment gap in literacy, numeracy, health and wellbeing
- meeting leavers needs
PDF file: data-Literacy-Support(glowscotland.org.uk)
PDF file: RNRA Whole School Systemic Change(glowscotland.org.uk)
PDF file: Parents in Partnership (PIP)(glowscotland.org.uk)
PDF file: Sketchnote - Renfrewshire Council – Closing the Attainment Gap - February 2019 (352 KB)
Case study - Data literacy support