Sketchnotes provide a visual description of the practice and approaches which have been identified as practice which HM Inspectors have observed during scrutiny activities and is worth sharing more widely.
Explore this resource
Children at St Catherine's Primary School have a very good understanding about the skills they are developing and how they will use these skills in their life, learning and work.
1. Skills progression framework
- children can talk about their skills
- how to use them in future
- how to apply them in context
2. Skills masterclasses
- children apply their skills at local collage
- relevant and meaningful contexts
- helps children understand their learning
3. Digital literacy skills development
- digital technology is used to enhance learning
- nursery children record and share their work
- tablets are used to record their achievements
- ibooks used to display their learning
- the 'Tech Lit café' offers increased access and use of digital technologies for parents
4. Next steps
- apply for career Education Standard
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:-
- How effective is our whole school overview in ensuring children's knowledge and skills are built appropriately over time?
- Do we make best use of our partners to provide opportunities for children to develop skills and achieve?
- Does the use of digital technologies enhance learning and give children the skills to understand, apply and create new digital solutions of their own?
- Is the development of digital skills underpinned by computing science, enabling children to be skilled users and creators?
PDF file: St Catherine's Primary School Sketchnote (1.1 MB)