How to use this exemplar to improve practice?
While using this resource the following reflective questions may be helpful:
- To what extend do I engage children and young people in meaningful discussions about their skills development and assist them in profiling to support their career journeys?
- To what extend do I deliver an appropriate, personalised curriculum that takes account of the individual needs of children and young people that enhances the development of skills for learning, life and work in all settings?
- To what extend do I work plan for, assess and record skills development in my context of work?
- To what extend do I relate relevant learning experiences and skills development to labour market and employment opportunities including entrepreneurship and self-employment?
- To what extend do I facilitate young people’s learning and their ability to engage with a rapidly developing landscape of work/career and learning opportunities?
Explore the resource
This clip can be used to stimulate discussion around the breadth and depths of career aspirations of young peoples and practitioners’ role in supporting the development of skills for learning, life and work.