How to use this Learning and assessment resource to improve practice?
This resource has been developed to contribute to the professional learning of practitioners. Engaging with this resource, and completing the Benchmarking activities will provide an opportunity for staff to reflect upon existing work based learning practice in their school and inspiring them to develop new practice in career education.
The resource aims to generate discussion around a number of reflective questions including:
- How do we work with employers to help develop appropriate work-based learning opportunities for young people?
- How do we effectively align the young person's studies, career aspirations, abilities and capabilities with any work placement?
- How do our plans address Equalities issues and help close the attainment gap?
- How effectively do you plan for career education opportunities and progression pathways for learners in your school?
- In what ways do you ensure that you meet the needs of all learners in order to develop skills for learning life and work?
- In what ways does the curriculum provision and timetabling in your establishment incorporate career education for all learners?
- To what extent are partners involved in delivering meaningful, work related experiences for learners; the delivery of skills and qualifications and highlighting prospective career opportunities?
- How do your plans address equality issues and help close the attainment gap?