Explore this resource
How to use this self-evaluation resource to improve practice
This professional learning resource has been designed to provide practitioners with an accessible and flexible professional learning opportunity. Using the link provided participants will be required to register with the Open University OpenLearn Create website. They will then be able to work through the module at their own pace, accessing the module and downloadable resources at a convenient time.
The module can be worked through in a number of different ways – perhaps alone, or with a colleague or group of colleagues. A 'reflective log' has been developed for practitioners to evidence their professional enquiry and learning. The reflective log can be used for collegiate discussions with colleagues, annual reviews, GTCS Professional Update and can support applications for GTCS Professional Recognition.
This resource has been developed using the General Teaching Council for Scotland’s CLPL professional learning standards:
- Pedagogy, learning and subject knowledge
- Curriculum and assessment
- Enquiry and research
- Educational contexts and current debates in policy, education and practice
- Sustaining and developing professional learning
- Learning for sustainability
The module supports the Education Scotland four areas of CLPL:
- Reflection on Practice
- Experiential Learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Cognitive Development
- Overview of the legislative and policy framework
Inclusion and Equalities
- Overview of Curriculum for Excellence and inclusion
- Universal support
- Young Ambassadors for inclusion
Universal and Targeted Support
- Overview of Universal and targeted support
- Identification/monitoring and support of ASN
- Barriers to learning
- Inclusive learning environment
- Differentiation /curriculum accessibility
- Effective planning
- With learners, families, professionals
- Collaborating for improvement – new role for special schools
- What is the Scottish context for inclusion, equality and education?
- Does my practice reflect the context of Scottish education, inclusion and equality?
- Do I know where to access information and free resources to support inclusive education and do I evaluate their impact?
- How can inclusive education support and secure improved achievement and attainment for children and young people with additional support needs?