Curriculum for Excellence - learner entitlements
Curriculum for Excellence makes a number of statements about what every child and young person is entitled to experience:
- a curriculum that is coherent from 3 to 18
- a broad general education (from early years to S3)
- a senior phase (S4-S6) where he or she can obtain qualifications
- opportunities to develop skills for learning, skills for life and skills for work, focusing on literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing
- personal support to enable them to gain as much as possible from the opportunities that Curriculum for Excellence can provide
- support in moving into positive and sustained destinations beyond school.
These entitlements are set out in a document called Building the Curriculum 3: A framework for learning and teaching
Parentzone's Learning in Scotland section has further information on the curriculum and how your child will learn.