Creativity and social studies at Woodhead Primary School
How to use this exemplar to improve practice
Watch this example of practice exemplifying how improvisation helped Woodhead Primary learners develop their creativity skills. Then, consider the reflective questions below:
- How do you make learning about key historical events engaging and relevant to your learners?
- How do you assess the impact that using improvisation has on children's learning?
- Are learners able to talk about the skills they are using and see how they can be transferred to other contexts?
- How can you use improvisation to enrich the curriculum on an ongoing basis?
- Where can you find time to discuss with colleagues the benefits of using improvisation?
- How do you use the assistance of local community helpers to extend learning?