Explore this resource
How to use this learning and assessment resource to improve practice
These resources can be used to allow young people on the autistic spectrum to fully engage in this area of the curriculum.
It is intended that the programme will promote young people’s understanding and develop their knowledge of sexual heath and relationships in a way that is accessible and meaningful to them.
The resource gives an overview of the topic. It also provides a range of activities for children young people. The section headings are as follows:
- Section 1: Keeping clean
- Section 2: Changing and growing
- Section 3: Personal body parts
- Section 4: Relationships
- Section 5: Keeping safe
- Section 6: Places to be naked
- Section 7: Appropriate touching
- Section 8: Sexual activity
- Section 9: Influences and decision making
- To what extent do we offer our young people on the autistic spectrum opportunities to explore sexual health and relationships in an autism-friendly way?
- In what way do we involve partners to offer the best quality experiences and outcomes in this area of the curriculum?