Financial education resources
- 4 stories from On the Money
- Teacher support materials
- MP3 files in English and Gaelic for each of the four stories: Funny Money, Down the Pan, Charlie Fly and the Nice Dream and No Change
- PDF of the full resource
- Financial statements zip file
- Wild cards zip file
- Hints and tips PDF
- Additional material zip file
Guidance for primary and secondary schools which highlights the links between financial education and Curriculum for Excellence. This guidance provides signposting to services and resources which can enhance financial education.
Your Money Matters (Scotland Edition) has been designed for use with young people age 14 – 16 in Scotland and covers topics including spending and saving, borrowing, debt, insurance, student finance and future planning.
The textbook includes guidance on issues such as:
- Saving and spending
- Good and bad debt
- Risk and rewards
- Future planning around student loans
- Tax and national insurance
There is an accompanying Teacher’s Guide contained within the download which will highlight areas of good practice, provide examples of curriculum integration and showcase additional external support which schools could use to enrich their financial education provision.
You can also download PowerPoint versions of each chapter of the Textbook for you to use in your lessons, or edit and tailor sections of content depending on the age and ability of your class. The PowerPoints can be downloaded from the Young Enterprise Scotland website.
Young Enterprise Scotland has collated a wide range of resources, lesson plans and material from a variety of sources to support practitioners in the delivery of financial education.
Junior savers resource – support and advice in setting up a credit union in your school
- PDF file: Setting up a Credit Union (902 KB)
- Word file: Parent - carer letter (27 KB)
- Word file: Position - Cashier and application form (35 KB)
- Word file: Position - Development Worker and application form (36 KB)
- Word file: Position - Runner and application form (36 KB)
Finance Fairtrade Fortnight at St Catherine’s Primary in Glasgow
Can't view this video? You can also view this clip on Glow (log-in required).