Sketchnotes provide a visual description of the practice and approaches which HM Inspectors have observed during scrutiny activities and are worth sharing more widely. This sketchnote provides a visual description of highly effective practice and approaches identified in the inspection of Johnstonebridge Primary School in Dumfries and Galloway Council.
Explore this resource
Johnstonebridge Primary School has transformed the ethos and relationships in their setting, improving outcomes for all children through a focus on wellbeing and nurturing principles.
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:
- How well do we ensure that all children feel safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included?
- How well do children and young people show consideration for others and demonstrate positive behaviour and relationships?
- How well do we listen to and involve children and young people in making decisions about their wellbeing, their lives and their future?
- Have we successfully established an inclusive learning environment? How do we know?
- How do we ensure there is an ethos and culture of inclusion, participation and positive relationships across the whole learning community?
PDF file: Johnstonebridge Primary School Sketchnote (1.3 MB)