Explore this resource
How to use this professional learning resource to improve practice
'The Ask Us, Hear Us, Include Us' film (below) looks at what works and what could be improved in relation to inclusion in education. The PowerPoint explores the film further and looks at five themes identified by the Young Ambassadors as important for inclusion:
- awareness of additional support needs;
- positive attitudes;
- asking for help and support.
The professional learning guide explains how the PowerPoint and film can be used to promote professional learning, and an inclusion pledge is described to which schools can sign up.
- How does your school currently seek the views of children and young people with additional support needs?
- How included do the children and young people currently feel in your establishment?
- Based on the Young Ambassador’s ideas, how could your school become more inclusive?
- Is your school community ready to sign the inclusion pledge?