Equality and Equity Toolkit
This toolkit has been developed to support early learning and childcare settings, schools and communities to understand the principles of equality and equity, identify priorities for action, and to implement and evaluate a plan which will create positive impact for all.
Explore this resource
The toolkit provides a range of resources to help practitioners work with their communities to address equality and equity as part of their improvement journey. These include:
- guide to equality and equity
- how equity and equality link to professional standards
- Epstein’s Model for home, school and community partnership
- evaluation and planning, including tools and examples
- discussion points
- audit tool
- practical ideas for engaging more and different families
- case studies
- resources and signposting
- What do you understand by the term ‘equality and equity’?
- What does equality and equity look like in your Early Learning and Childcare setting, school or community?
- How can equality and equity be approached through the lens of a whole school community approach?
- In what way can a distributive approach to evaluation lead to higher quality insight in your Equality and Equity improvement journey?
- What support is available:
- for your school community’s Equality and Equity plans
- from your community or others’ experience?
- PDF file: How to use this Toolkit (161 KB)
- PDF file: Jargon buster (243 KB)
- PDF file: A Guide to Equality and Equity (203 KB)
- PDF file: Linking Equality and Equity to Professional Standards (236 KB)
- PDF file: Epstein’s Model for home, school and community partnership (163 KB)
- PDF file: Evaluation and Planning, including tools and examples (280 KB)
- PDF file: Discussion Points (171 KB)
- PDF file: Healthcheck (276 KB)
- PDF file: Practical ideas for engaging more and different families (164 KB)
- PDF file: Case studies (1.9 MB)
- PDF file: Resources and Signposting (297 KB)
- Example of Equity and Equality policy