Sketchnote – Crossgates Primary School – increasing children’s participation - October 2019
At Crossgates Primary School, children’s participation in learning has been increased in a number of ways. Sketchnotes provide a visual description of practice and approaches identified by HM Inspectors during scrutiny activities as worth sharing more widely.
Explore this resource
Questions for discussion
- Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:-
- To what extent do we have a shared understanding of what learner participation involves?
- How well do we embed participation in each of the 4 arenas of learning including: learning, teaching and assessment; personal achievement; decision making groups and wider community?
- Do we recognise the impact and benefits that embedding learner participation in our setting can bring – in areas such as learning and teaching, attainment, relationships and culture and ethos?
- How ready are we to develop fully and embed learner participation in our setting?
- How will we ensure this is making a difference for children’s learning and achievement?