Sketchnote - Lochaline Primary School - Outstanding Learning and Teaching - March 2019
Sketchnotes provide a visual description of the practice and approaches which HM Inspectors have observed during scrutiny activities and are worth sharing more widely. Lochaline Primary School has excellent approaches to learning, teaching and assessment. Staff consistently provide very high-quality teaching at the primary stages, which ensures that all children are making very good progress in all areas of their learning.
Explore this resource
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:
- In what way do we use our community and spaces to deliver high-quality outdoor learning?
- How well do we motivate and engage all learners in all aspects of school life?
- To what extent do we provide children with learning experiences which are engaging, highly-relevant and promote creativity and curiosity?
- How well do we make use of a range of valid, reliable and relevant assessment tools and approaches to support the improvement of children’s learning?
- How well do we record, analyse and use assessment information to identify development needs for individual learners and specific groups?
- In what ways do we involve children and parents in planning and evaluating learning?