Sketchnote – Review Social Services (Children and Young People) Modern Apprenticeships – January 2020
Sketchnotes provide a visual description of practice and approaches identified by HM Inspectors during scrutiny activities as worth sharing more widely.
Explore this resource
The Modern Apprenticeship in Social Services (Children and Young People) allows apprentices to train and learn at the same time and on completion they receive a qualification which enables them to register with the SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) and to work in early years settings.
HM Inspectors reviewed the provision of Modern Apprenticeships in Social Services (Children and Young People). Their findings, published in November 2019, identified four areas of highly effective practice:
1. l&g Learning Ltd and commitment to supporting apprentices with additional support needs.
2. Carousel training and their celebration of apprentices’ success with a graduation ceremony.
3. Flexible approaches to design and delivery of training by Aberlour Futures and Borders College.
4. Aberlour Futures and supporting apprentices to achieve through personalised training.
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:
- How well do we adhere to statutory principles and guidance?
- How effective are we at achieving and maintaining high levels of service delivery?
- How well does the design and delivery of training meet the needs of apprentices and employers?
- How good is our delivery of training?