Sketchnote – St Matthew’s Academy – Skills for learning, life and work – June 2019
Sketchnotes provide a visual description of the practice and approaches which have been identified as practice which HM Inspectors have observed during scrutiny activities and is worth sharing more widely.
Explore this resource
St Matthew’s Academy has a wide range of opportunities for young people to develop their skills for learning, life and work and which develop their confidence and aspirations.
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:
- Do we make best use of our partners to provide opportunities for young people to develop skills and achieve?
- How well are we working with learners, parents and carers, employers, colleges and other partners to develop an effective approach to careers education which supports them into sustained positive destinations?
- How well do we motivate and engage all learners in all aspects of school life?
- How well are we enabling learners to become independent learners and develop the four capacities?
- How well do we utilise accreditation where appropriate, to recognise and celebrate achievement?