What equality law means for you as an education provider – Further education
This guidance should inform the review of policies in relation to promoting equality and diversity and eliminating discrimination. It can support an audit of current practice and identify areas for improvement. It is non-statutory guidance but following it may help you to meet your duties under the act.
Explore this approach
Challenge questions which may be helpful for further education providers include:
- How well do we ensure that all staff undertake regular professional learning around legislation, statutory requirements and codes of practice?
- How well does our curriculum promote equality and diversity and eliminate discrimination?
The guidance includes details on:
- who is protected
- what is discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- what else is unlawful under the act?
- positive action
- public sector equality duty and the Human Rights Act