How to use this learning and assessment resource to improve practice
Find your local Creative Learning Contacts, including those leading the Creative Learning Networks.
Creative Learning Networks build capacity for creativity, working closely with leaders, practitioners and learners, promoting the value of creativity skills and making strong links between creativity and employability, and the power of creativity to help narrow the attainment gap.
The Networks typically encourage collaborative working across the education, culture and communities sectors, bringing together learning practitioners and creative partners and providing high quality learning experiences, practical support and professional dialogue on creative teaching, creative learning, the development of creativity skills in learners, and the conditions in which they can flourish.
Explore this learning and assessment resource
The Creative Learning Networks are a key delivery mechanism of Scotland’s Creative Learning Plan, which is endorsed by Scottish Government and seven of Scotland’s national learning bodies. It sets out an ambitious plan for improving the quality and quantity of creative learning opportunities, with the vision of a more creative society.
The Creative Learning Networks' overarching aims are:
- To develop a shared language and understanding of creativity and its role across every aspect of learning, teaching and continuous improvement
- To raise awareness of creativity and its practical application as a higher order thinking skill and as a cross-cutting theme across Curriculum for Excellence (CfE)
- To raise levels and standards of creativity in learning and teaching in both formal and community learning contexts
- To provide leadership on national priorities in creativity in learning for local and national partners
- To sustain strategic partnerships between the education, community and cultural sectors locally and nationally
- To stimulate creativity in our leaders, practitioners and learners.
Creative Learning Networks 2018-19
The following summary offers an overview of the planned activities that funded CLNs are undertaking this coming year.
Creative Learning Networks 2017-18
The following summaries offer an overview of the activities that funded CLNs delivered this year.
Creative Learning Networks 2016-17
The following summaries offer an overview of the activities that funded CLNs delivered last year.
Creative Learning Networks 2015-16
This independent report is based on CLN self-evaluation reports and a survey carried out in early 2017 which gathered evidence on the impact of the CLN Fund since its inception in 2010.
You can also explore the work of the CLNs by local authority and theme or focus on the online survey.