What was done?
A Strategic Framework was developed to provide a structure within which stakeholders can engage in and deliver career long professional learning / continuous professional learning on Parental Involvement, Parental Engagement, Family Learning and Learning at Home.
Improving outcomes for learners, parents and families remains a key priority across Scotland’s political and educational landscape. In order to achieve this, there is an ongoing need to ensure that the workforce has the appropriate values, competencies, skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications to work effectively with learners, parents and families.
How to use this Strategic Framework to improve practice
It is recognised throughout the Strategic Framework that while there are mandatory elements for some sectors, providers and bodies, there are other key principles which are encouraged as being good practice for others who are currently not subject to legislative requirements.
Practitioners and educators should engage with the relevant key area(s) of the Framework to review and improve their practice where appropriate.
- PDF file: Section 1 - Introduction (211 KB)
- PDF file: Section 2 - Historical overview (306 KB)
- PDF file: Section 3 - Professional knowledge and understanding (256 KB)
- PDF file: Section 4 - Roles, responsibilities and legislation (289 KB)
- PDF file: Section 5 - What do we all need to know? (347 KB)
- PDF file: Section 6 - Definitions and terms (2.4 MB)
- PDF file: Section 7 - Parental entitlements and empowerment (223 KB)
- PDF file: Section 8 - Beliefs, unconscious bias, integrity, standards, values (220 KB)
- PDF file: Section 9 - Professional learning opportunities and resources (216 KB)
- PDF file: Section 10 - Reading list (275 KB)