Gaelic Medium Education: Support your child’s learning – simple tips in Gaelic and English
The following documents offer simple tips to help you support your child's learning at home across the whole curriculum. Leaflets with fun ideas to encourage good reading habits at different ages and stages can be found on supporting literacy at home section.
First and Second Level (Primary)
Third and Fourth Level (Secondary)
- Gaelic support for Parents - Gaelic support for Parents Wakelet
- Read, write, count - a Scottish Government programme that aims to encourage families to include easy and fun reading, writing and counting activities in their everyday lives.
- Gaelic 4 parents - Website for parents and children interested and involved in Gaelic education, including live online support with homework and an audio version of children's reading books.
- Gaelic4Parents - Bookbug audio books - Listen to recordings of all the children's stories available in Gaelic through the Bookbug scheme.
- The Scottish Voice - Scottish Computer Voices - Free Scottish and Gaelic computer voices, for Windows and Macintosh computers.